Dr. Lisa M. Schoene is a certified athletic trainer and a Sports Medicine Podiatrist in the Chicago and northern IL suburban area. She has worked with many athletes for over 25 years, so she takes a special interest in sports medicine and rehabilitation. Dr. Schoene has been involved in many sporting events in Chicago and the suburbs as well as nationally over the past 25 + years, covering events like the World Cup Games in Chicago. She was one of the distinguished Podiatrists to work at the Olympic Games in Atlanta, and she had treated many Olympic hopefuls at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado. She is currently and has been the Podiatric Consultant to the DePaul Blue Demons Athletic Department for over 25 years. She has relationships with many Athletic Trainers and Physical Therapists at many facilities and High Schools and Colleges in the Chicago area, to complete a well rounded team approach for evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of all athletes.
Dr. Schoene has treated many football and Lacrosse players over the years, as she was the Podiatric Consultant for the semi-pro team the Chicago Panthers, and the yearly Chicago Lacrosse Shoot-out national tournament. She has additionally treated players and staff of the Chicago Bears organization. Because she has covered many marathons, triathlons, and other races, in addition to these other sports, she truly has extensive experience to treat all types of athletes who have acute or chronic injuries of the lower extremity. She will conservatively evaluate and treat other lower extremity conditions at the knee, hip, and lower back.
As a Certified Athletic Trainer, she can thoroughly evaluate all athletes from head to toe, and combined with her Podiatric expertise, she understands how important the lower extremity and the foot become in diagnosing and predisposing athletes to many injuries up the chain. She will complete a full thorough sport specific athletic screen, and the treatments and rehabilitation will be geared towards that specific sport. She treats all types of athletes; runners, triathletes, skiers, skaters, soccer players, dancers, gymnasts, football and lacrosse players to name a few. She always keeps in mind the movements of each sport and incorporates that into the treatment plan.
She commonly discusses proper shoe gear and educates patients on proper foot care and for prevention of injuries. Treatment will always include many conservative but aggressive treatments; physical therapy, massage therapy, proper shoe gear suggestions, orthotic support, nutritional therapy, holistic and integrative therapies to complete a well rounded approach. Optimal results are the goal. Dr. Lisa M. Schoene has her sports medicine clinic in Chicago and Park City, IL, please call us for additional information or if you have any questions regarding our sports medicine services.
Athletic and Sports Medicine Services:
- New patient- Extended appointment time slots.
- Lower extremity biomechanical exams.
- Athletic shoe evaluations for fit and function.
- Orthotic Prescription: custom and semi custom for all types of athletic shoes.
- Sport specific gait evaluation: complete posture and bio-mechanical examination.
- Massage Therapy: 3 therapists at 2 office locations.
- Physical Therapy: many modalities and methods to improve injury quickly.
- Strength Evaluation and Training: specific for all athletes.
- Brace fitting and Sporting good supplies: to help augment therapy treatments.
- Nutrition counseling: blood testing to improve performance.
- Acupuncture therapy: traditional acupuncture and physical therapy needling.
- Homeopathic treatments: oral, topical and injectable.
- Injection therapies.
- Additional Alternative Therapies